Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Tim Geithner and the Starship Enterprise

Only an idiot would have tried to rescue the S.S. Titanic by lashing themselves to it, even if they were skippering the U.S.S. Enterprise (pun very much intended, even though it's not of Nimitz-class size!) But here we (taxpayers) are.

But then apparently Geithner thinks he's skippering the Starship Enterprise:

"Put her into warp-drive, Ben!"

"But Captain, the ship's fisc can't take it much longer!"

"I don't care Scotty -- I mean Ben -- we've got to pull away the Klingon's Bonus Pool!"

"Excuse me, Captain Kirk -- I mean Tim, this isn't logical. We still must first escape the Subprime Death Star. (From which I told you not to try to pull the Starship Citibank out of by brute force because the Collateral Tractor Beam is too strong to defeat head-on. Besides, that's "Star Wars" not "Star Trek")."

"I don't care, you pointy-headed -- I mean eared -- Vulcan, Starship Citibank is the Federation's flagship! It's carrying Admiral Rubin! Go back to your station, Spock!"

[Spock to McCoy, aside] "I think the Captain has gone insane. Besides, we beamed-up Admiral Bob in the last episode. It's Captain Hank who's still aboard, even though relieved of command last season."

[McCoy to Spock] "Suicide or mutiny, Mr. Spock, which is more logical? "

[Spock ponders; fade to black]

JRB

3/18/09

No comments: